1. Preheat the oven to 190C /fan 170C/gas5. Weigh the joint to calculate the cooking time. Place it on a chopping board and season to taste.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the butter and parsley, and spread generously all over the joint. Transfer to a metal rack over a roasting tin and roast for 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes for rare; 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes for medium; and 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes for well done.
3. Meanwhile, make the stuffing. Mix together the breadcrumbs, chives, hazelnuts, mushrooms, Stilton and egg. Shape the mixture into 10-12 balls, place onto a non-stick baking sheet and cook for the last 15 minutes of the roasting time.
4. Mix the cranberry sauce and port together, and brush over the joint 20-30 minutes before end of the cooking time.
5. Remove the joint from the oven, place onto a large platter, wrap loosely in foil and set aside to rest.
6. To make a gravy, spoon off any excess fat from the roasting tin and discard. Place the roasting tin over a medium heat and sprinkle with flour. Stir well with a small whisk or spoon, add a little stock and stir again, scraping the base of the pan to release any rich beefy juices. Add any remaining stock, and any meat juices from the platter. Adjust the seasoning, if required, and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until reduced to a well-flavoured gravy.
7. Carve the beef and serve with the Stilton and hazelnut stuffing, gravy, roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.View more Beef recipes...