1. Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Dissolve the salt in 3 tablespoons of water. Brush the pork with the salty water and rub the pork all over with caraway seeds. Put in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and roast for a further 1 hour and 20 minutes.
2. Drain off any juices from the roasting tin and reserve for a gravy, if you like. Add the vegetables to the tin with the pork, drizzle with the oil, season and roast for 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and return to the pan for a minute. Push the potatoes through a ricer into a bowl. Add the flour, semolina, salt, nutmeg, zest and some pepper. Mix and gradually add the eggs.
4. When cool enough, divide the mixture into 12 balls and, with floury hands, place in a pan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes - once the dumplings float to the surface they are cooked. Drain and toss in the butter and parsley. Keep warm.
5. Rest the pork for 10 minutes, then serve with the vegetables, dumplings and gravy.View more Pork recipes...